Karmapa accused of sexual misconduct Courts say she can sue

A place to bring a contemplative / Dharmic perspective and opinions to current events, politics and economics.
buddyjski

Karmapa accused of sexual misconduct Courts say she can sue

Post by buddyjski »

A British Columbia woman has been given a green light to sue one of Buddhism's holiest figures for spousal support in a claim that appears certain to tread new legal ground.

According to a B.C. Supreme Court ruling posted Tuesday, Vikki Hui Xin Han claims that even though they have only met in-person four times, she was in a marriage-like relationship with Ogyen Trinley Dorje — known to his millions of followers as His Holiness, the 17th Gyalwang Karmapa, or simply the Karmapa Lama.

Han, who wanted to be a Buddhist nun, claims she got pregnant when Dorje sexually assaulted her at a New York monastery in 2017 but that what "began as a non-consensual sexual encounter evolved into a loving and affectionate relationship," playing out over text messages through which Dorje gave her hundreds of thousands of dollars.

The Karmapa Lama denies any romantic relationship with Han and says any emotional and financial support he provided to her "was for the benefit of the child [she] told him was his daughter."

Han initially sued for just child support, but she asked the court to permit her to amend her claim to include spousal support when the case goes to trial in April 2022.
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british- ... -1.6031624
buddyjski

Re: Karmapa accused of sexual misconduct Courts say she can sue

Post by buddyjski »

buddyjski

Post by buddyjski »

Miorita

Post by Miorita »

Tashi Delek! Informal: HI!
I understand it hurts Karma Kagyu lineage, there is nothing I can do.
My teacher spoke of His Holiness in high regards, so I do.
It is beyond my comprehension what a Karmapa (Karmapa chenno) is, so she might be right in her pursuit, or she might be looking for fortune and fame and saw him as a personal Kalpataru.
This is a theory, it is not proven.
Kalpataru is the wish fulfilling tree. :D Ramakrishna was Kalpataru tree.
When the devotees heard those words of blessings and protection from fear, they raised repeated cries of joy, exclaiming, “Glory to Ramakrishna.” Some of them saluted him, some showered flowers, some again came and touched his feet.

The Master touched the devotees in that state of samādhi and blessed them all. The effect was instantaneous. Swami Saradananda’s account continues:

....there arose by that marvelous touch a wonderful mood in the mind of each. Some of them began to laugh, some to weep, some to meditate, and some again to call aloud all others in order that they might also be blessed by receiving the grace of the Master ... and be sharers in the bliss that was overflowing.

On later enquiry it was known that the devotees blessed by the Master on that day had wonderful spiritual experiences and visions. Some felt bliss and a sort of divine intoxication, some experienced the creeping blissful sensation of the rising kuṇḍalini, some saw ecstatic visions of their chosen deities, and some saw divine light. All the experiences were unique, each in its own way. Although they differed in their content, the feeling of being filled with an extraordinary divine bliss was common to all.
https://vedantasociety.net/blog/the-ram ... -kalpataru

But Ramakrishna was not like other men. He ate from the bowl of a dog out of total surrender to his Ishta-devata.
He recognized her in all women. He did pursue this path of surrendering his will to hers. She's called Sanctissima in the Western world. My :heart: goes out to her.

Oh dear! Ask DNS for guidance! He'll give you guidance.

You probably are bathing in a Buddhist world with meditations, initiations... This is not a Buddhist perspective but a sending to your fabric defaults.
Maybe you need them.

Kindly so,
:lol: Miorita