Pro-life Buddhists & 2020 Democrats

A place to bring a contemplative / Dharmic perspective and opinions to current events, politics and economics.
Miorita

Re: Pro-life Buddhists & 2020 Democrats

Post by Miorita »

It's on topic: Jane Roe was paid to speak publicly as anti-abortionist.

:rofl:

It looks like the Holy Ghost is feminine.

:rofl:

IT LOOKS LIKE SHE HAS A MIND OF HER OWN.
Dharmasherab

Post by Dharmasherab »

lyndon taylor wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 10:53 am actually 25% of the work force is unemployed and Trump is going ahead with food stamp cuts, only a fake Buddhist would support that.
You shouldnt be labeling other Buddhists as fake Buddhists just because they dont stick to your specific political narrative.

Also please dont forget that Obama also waged war on other nations which cost the lives of many people. So according to you, Buddhists wont be able to vote Democrat or Republican party.
“When one does not understand death, life can be very confusing.” - Ajahn Chah
Miorita

Post by Miorita »

Maybe you want to be Trump's lawyer and step up to explain all his bad deeds...
Lesliejet

-

Post by Lesliejet »

Id like to be pro-life or to think of myself as such, being raised Catholic. I hate the idea of abortion.

However, if I were pregnant, especially as a young woman with a future, I cannot say I wouldnt get one. Its horrible, because I wish I were pro-life, but in practice, Im pro-choice.
Nicholas

Re: -

Post by Nicholas »

Lesliejet wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:25 am Id like to be pro-life or to think of myself as such, being raised Catholic. I hate the idea of abortion.

However, if I were pregnant, especially as a young woman with a future, I cannot say I wouldnt get one. Its horrible, because I wish I were pro-life, but in practice, Im pro-choice.
So you think the future of a pregnant young woman is marred by having a baby? If the kid is raised with noble ethics it may become a Sage or Bodhisattva or at least a good person.
Miorita

Post by Miorita »

I'm not so sure when it comes to putting things in practice, if Republicans meeting with the idea of Pro-life themselves, still feel comfortable with having many children to feed, change, clothe, take to doctor, take to school, do their homework. sponsor, etc.
The whole point is to place guilt on others.
What if this idea fires back at those exact Republicans that have to face the consequences of being hot-headed?
The Buddhists say it's better to be cool-headed and have warm feet.
The Reps want the other way around: have cold feet and be hot-headed and not only about this or that, but about everything.

I don't see Republicans welcoming children born out of Pro-life initiative, not now when the country is so divided.

P.S. Other people's children are not "kids" because no one shares their children once born.
it may become

How horrid! Pro-life legislation resulting in little "it"-s being born. :thinking: