Parler Hacked

A place to bring a contemplative / Dharmic perspective and opinions to current events, politics and economics.
malcolm

Parler Hacked

Post by malcolm »

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Archie2009

Re: Parler Hacked

Post by Archie2009 »

DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

The site is still down, not likely coming back, so why would someone pay that exorbitant fee for the app?
perkele

Post by perkele »

And why would "buddhists" celebrate with glee and laughter that the big tech monopolies colluded to destroy an up-and-coming competitor, and that people's sensitive data from that platform were stolen?
Sick. (not in the modern colloquial positive sense)
lyndon taylor

Post by lyndon taylor »

You're not a Buddhist if you support the violence and revolution espoused by posters on Parler, get real!!
Archie2009

Post by Archie2009 »

perkele wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:44 pm And why would "buddhists" celebrate with glee and laughter that the big tech monopolies colluded to destroy an up-and-coming competitor, and that people's sensitive data from that platform were stolen?
Sick. (not in the modern colloquial positive sense)
Nazis are people?
SethRich

Post by SethRich »

Greetings,

I find it somewhat ironic that the side of politics that have grown accustomed to blithely calling the other side "fascists" and "Nazis" are the ones whooping it up when those they disagree with are de-platformed, denied services, doxxed, and have their metaphorical books burned by those in power.

Oh well, I've never really been one for purges, so it's not for me to reconcile.

#NeverAgain

:candle:
"He goes to hell, the one who asserts what didn’t take place" (Ud 4.8)
"Let us neither be perpetrators nor victims!" (DN26)

"Transition to greatness" (Donald J. Trump)

:candle: "...his name was Seth Rich..."
Archie2009

Post by Archie2009 »

SethRich wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:13 am#NeverAgain
That's why actually. Curbing (neo-)Nazi activity as soon as it oversteps certain boundaries is necessary as Europeans have known for decades.

Qan't face the Qonsequences? Then don't participate in an armed lynching mob wearing "Camp Auschwitz" hoodies and Nazi tattoos trying to overthrow democracy. These people and politicians like Ted Cruz are Nazis. I'm not saying you are a facist, but how does it make you feel to have been on the same side all these years?
malcolm

Post by malcolm »

Archie2009 wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:30 am
That's why actually. Curbing (neo-)Nazi activity as soon as it oversteps certain boundaries is necessary as Europeans have known for decades.

Qan't face the Qonsequences? Then don't participate in an armed lynching mob wearing "Camp Auschwitz" hoodies and Nazi tattoos trying to overthrow democracy. These people and politicians like Ted Cruz are Nazis. I'm not saying you are a facist, but how does it make you feel to have been on the same side all these years?
Just another fifth columnist.
Archie2009

Post by Archie2009 »

malcolm wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:14 pm
Archie2009 wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:30 am

I'll STFU then.
SethRich

Post by SethRich »

Greetings,
Archie2009 wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:30 am politicians like Ted Cruz are Nazis.
Your slanderous slurs have been cheapened through overuse and wanton re-definition.

I'll say this about fascism (rather than Nazism, because you're simply being absurd)... whether one regards fascism as a phenomenon of the left and/or the right, it is always authoritarian, rather than libertarian in nature. On that and that alone, I have never had any interest in, or alignment to fascism, having only ever been libertarian-left or libertarian-right (always stronger in the libertarian direction, than either the left or right axis).

Thus, if anyone is trying to burn anyone else's books, I'm unimpressed. That includes both words (including "posts") and the empty books (i.e. online platforms). So to infer that I am or have ever been "on the same side" as Nazis is just absurd, and now that you know my position, it would be slanderous and a violation of the Terms of Service to persist with such outlandish smears. Thanks.

Archie2009

Post by Archie2009 »

Two snowflakes here. A matter of the need to defer to the mystical American concept of lived experience, I guess. Ways of knowing. Groovy.
SethRich

Post by SethRich »

Greetings,
Archie2009 wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:32 pm Two snowflakes here.
Maybe some just believe in the traditional civil notion of allowing people to determine for themselves what their position on a matter is, and having the civility to allow them to express it in their own words... rather than have slander and straw-men foisted upon them by another.

Side note: when I veer away from the topic, I also like to veer back... so let me just say that it's a similar process of "slander and straw-men" which has resulted in Parler and its user base being described and de-platformed in such a manner.

This isn't about a handful of miscreants - it's about control, and maintaining the supporting conditions for technocratic totalitarianism. Diversity in platform ownership runs counter to that objective.

Archie2009

Post by Archie2009 »

malcolm

Post by malcolm »

malcolm

Post by malcolm »

Archie2009 wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:38 pm
Archie2009 wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:30 am That's why actually. Curbing (neo-)Nazi activity as soon as it oversteps certain boundaries is necessary as Europeans have known for decades.

I'll STFU then.
I wasn't referring to you.
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

The legal letter was a warning of an expensive lawsuit aimed at AT. They are a tiny, poor, website, so capitulation was understandable. Not everyone is overflowing with moral courage (or big money) nowadays.
We [American Thinker] received a lengthy letter from Dominion's defamation lawyers explaining why they believe that their client has been the victim of defamatory statements. Having considered the full import of the letter, we have agreed to their request that we publish the following statement:
Dhamma is against the stream of common thought, deep, subtle, difficult, delicate, unseen by passion’s slaves cloaked in the murk of ignorance. Vipassī Buddha
Archie2009

Post by Archie2009 »

malcolm wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:17 pm
Archie2009 wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:38 pm

I'll STFU then.
I wasn't referring to you.
Sorry for the misunderstanding.
malcolm

Post by malcolm »

Nicholas wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 1:38 am The legal letter was a warning of an expensive lawsuit aimed at AT. They are a tiny, poor, website, so capitulation was understandable. Not everyone is overflowing with moral courage (or big money) nowadays.
We [American Thinker] received a lengthy letter from Dominion's defamation lawyers explaining why they believe that their client has been the victim of defamatory statements. Having considered the full import of the letter, we have agreed to their request that we publish the following statement:
Joined the ranks of Qanon now? Not surprising in the least.
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

Dhamma is against the stream of common thought, deep, subtle, difficult, delicate, unseen by passion’s slaves cloaked in the murk of ignorance. Vipassī Buddha