Them Before Us

Charities that are doing great work, and opportunities to serve
Nicholas

Them Before Us

Post by Nicholas »

A new book supporting traditional father-mother families, sure to be hated by the usual suspects. The gist is putting first what is good, long term, for kids, not what adults desire. Surely a radical motive nowadays.

Here is their movement link with the same name:

https://thembeforeus.com/
Dhamma is against the stream of common thought, deep, subtle, difficult, delicate, unseen by passion’s slaves cloaked in the murk of ignorance. Vipassī Buddha
Nicholas

Re: Them Before Us

Post by Nicholas »

From the Introduction:
This book is going to tell you:

•Why we will never achieve any level of social justice unless we first secure justice for individual children.
•Why mothers, fathers, and stability are the three macronutrients in a child’s social emotional diet, and what happens to society when our children are malnourished.
•Why every departure from the married-mother-father household is, at its core, a threat to the rights of children.
•How divorce, same-sex parents, sperm/egg donation and surrogacy, and adoption impact children.
•How failing to protect the rights of children turns back the clock two hundred years in our quest to defend human rights.”
Excerpt From: Katy Faust, Stacy Manning & Robert George. Them Before Us: Why We Need a Global Children’s Rights Movement.
Dhamma is against the stream of common thought, deep, subtle, difficult, delicate, unseen by passion’s slaves cloaked in the murk of ignorance. Vipassī Buddha
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

From Robert George's Foreword:
That the marriage culture is in decline today is well-known. Increasingly, people also are recognizing that the consequences of that decline are harshest in the poorest, most vulnerable sectors of our society—and harshest of all on children in those sectors. They, ultimately, have been the victims of the widespread family breakdown and failure of family formation. They are paying the heaviest price for the sexual “liberation” movement that gave us no-fault divorce, widespread promiscuity, the normalization of non-marital sexual cohabitation, out-of-wedlock childbearing and child-rearing, and fatherlessness. The imbecilic slogan of my generation, the self-proclaimed “me” generation, was “If it feels good, do it.” Well, many people lived by that slogan, and countless children suffered and will continue to suffer as a result—as a consequence of practices hostile, indeed antithetical, to the flourishing of children.
Them Before Us: Why We Need a Global Children’s Rights Movement.
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

One story of a wounded Alicia from the files of Them Before Us...

https://thembeforeus.com/npe-alicia/
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

The stories of self-cherishing adults effects on their children, told by the now adult victims are many - in the book and online:

https://thembeforeus.com/stories/
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

Absent fathers are a major contributor to the problems of society:
All of these devastating and far-reaching societal problems have one commonality: They are rooted in the breakdown of the family—more specifically, in fatherless homes. According to statistics gathered by the Fatherless Generation Foundation, a nonprofit on a mission to reunify fathers with their children and teach “fatherless children how to cope and overcome the challenges of their fatherless journey,” the crisis of father absence is a pandemic. Fatherlessness is the infection festering in the wound of our societal ills, it’s statistically undeniable:

•90 percent of homeless and runaway youths are fatherless. Homelessness and the life of a runaway are common gateways to sex trafficking.
•70 to 85 percent of prison inmates grew up without a father.
•63 percent of teenagers who commit suicide have absent fathers.
•71 percent of pregnant teenagers come from fatherless homes.
•71 percent of high school dropouts come from fatherless homes.
From: Katy Faust, Stacy Manning & Robert George. Them Before Us.
Miorita

Post by Miorita »

Are you cooking something against absent fathers?
You sound more and more like a leftist.
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

Another result of being raised with no father influence:

https://www.heritage.org/marriage-and-f ... s-shooters
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

Another, less common reason, for being fatherless:
Another woman exposes her profound grief upon learning at age twenty-two that she had been conceived using a sperm donor:

I never would have imagined that my father was not the biological male who contributed to my existence…. However, I have since felt a shameful sadness about this news. In a single day, I went from looking at my appearance without [a] second thought to looking at a stranger…. I feel sad, alone, confused, and lost at times, while other times I feel nothing at all. I am on a roller coaster of emotions and I am not even sure why. I don’t like that I am suddenly grieving a person that I do not know or care to ever know. More importantly, I feel as though I am grieving myself.
From Them Before Us: Why We Need a Global Children’s Rights Movement.
Miorita

Post by Miorita »

You have no right to deprive children of their parents.
Let's not forget how the children whose welfare you invoke now, have been put in cages under the pretense that Obama designed the cages!
Let's not forget these deeds first!
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

Miorita wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 8:02 pm You have no right to deprive children of their parents.
Let's not forget how the children whose welfare you invoke now, have been put in cages under the pretense that Obama designed the cages!
Let's not forget these deeds first!
If that is directed at Nicholas, how is he depriving children of their parents? I thought he was advocating for the children to have their parents?
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

DNS wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 3:18 am
If that is directed at Nicholas, how is he depriving children of their parents? I thought he was advocating for the children to have their parents?
I only saw Miorita's post because DNS quoted her. She is on my ignore list, so I never see what she writes.

Quoting again from book (see my post #2):
How divorce, same-sex parents, sperm/egg donation and surrogacy, and adoption impact children.
The words in bold are what is being referred to above.
Miorita

Post by Miorita »

First there was the crisis created intentionally at the border. They claimed the children needed to be separated from their parents for a processing according to the Immigration Law. So that's why they went to separate the families. Families are fatherless and motherless.

Now he comes with a plagiarized solution inside the borders after the impulse was given at the border by no other than his kind.
He claims he wants to help all immigrants of the US. From his gesture he would derive benefits and wouldn't mind a bit of PR/visibility.

We know everything he wants to say because we've been there, we counted our abortions, and found that his advocacy is unsuitable to today's circumstances. His suggestions are unfeasible.
What is more is that there is no support coming from the Republlcans. They let down everyone to die in the cold, of hunger and disease. 500,000 deaths.

I've heard when Trump said to Nadia, "you're fired!". He fired my native country's symbol of anti-communism.

This man's solution is not removing any of the trauma nor create a future. The country needs healing, brainstorming, fresh perspectives.
He does not listen to younger ones' needs. He initiates no conversation. He likes the cold of facts/numbers and replaces relating to another with these abstracts he spits out regularly.
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

So you are referring to President Biden?
Miorita

Post by Miorita »

I am not referring to anything.
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

Christian Books has better pricing!

https://www.christianbook.com/before-ne ... 03803#CURR
Miorita

Post by Miorita »

Them Before Us dispels many prevalent, harmful myths concerning children’s rights, such as:

• Kids need only love and safety—moms and dads are optional.
• Love makes a family—biology is irrelevant.
• Marriage is about adults—it has nothing to do with kids.
• Children are resilient and will "get over" divorce.
• Studies show "no difference" in outcomes for kids with same-sex parents.
• Sperm and egg donor kids are fortunate because they are so wanted.
• Surrogacy is a great way to help wannabe parents have a baby.
• Reproductive technologies are just like adoption.

Are you tired of a culture that views adults as victims in family matters, when it’s clear that kids are the ones who truly pay the price? If so, we are your people, and this is your movement.
At each point they can fall into an argumentation fallacy. How can I help them if I don't have a minimum sample of how they'll disprove these myths? To me it seems elitist that is that I feel left out. If I had a child, I would have to look at paying for his food craving/issue or paying for the book to raise him/her by the book. Then, on that train of thought, why would I need this book specifically if for example I can get the KJV edition of the Bible? You might have heard the expression that money is tight. So it's either this book or the other.
If I give back the Bible I already have, then it's $20 + other taxes this book costs.
The Bible with this vendor costs $15. It seems that it's more affordable to buy the Bible: I pay just $15 and $5 are left for my use.
Last edited by Miorita on Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.