Pro-Life

Petitions, protests and activism
Miorita

Re: Pro-Life

Post by Miorita »

I've done repentance. :D

"Discover the child in you", yada-yada... it was a waste of time.

I am guilty I gave from my time, my resources, my identity, my ethnicity and my attention to this Presidency.

Thank God it's over!

"Babies", :lol: - I can copy-paste pictures of babies. Does that make you happy, Nicholas?

Are you even able to deliver toys to them, Santi Claws?

Why not send me monies for an apartment 50 or 70 K? I won't mind. It's a cute toy that I can live in if you think of it. :woohoo:
Lucien

Post by Lucien »

Regarding the matter of abortion, I like to take in mind Thay's words on the first mindfulness training :

Reverence For Life
Aware of the suffering caused by the destruction of life, I am committed to cultivating the insight of interbeing and compassion and learning ways to protect the lives of people, animals, plants, and minerals. I am determined not to kill, not to let others kill, and not to support any act of killing in the world, in my thinking, or in my way of life. Seeing that harmful actions arise from anger, fear, greed, and intolerance, which in turn come from dualistic and discriminative thinking, I will cultivate openness, non-discrimination, and non-attachment to views in order to transform violence, fanaticism, and dogmatism in myself and in the world.

This includes the last sentence though, regarding non-attachment to views in order to transform dogmatism.
I do not believe there is "one golden rule that fits all situations" for that in itself, would be dualistic thinking....
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

If he only said:
Reverence For Life
Aware of the suffering caused by the destruction of life, I am committed to cultivating the insight of interbeing and compassion and learning ways to protect the lives of people, animals, plants, and minerals. I am determined not to kill, not to let others kill, and not to support any act of killing in the world, in my thinking, or in my way of life.
That is fine. But one reason I do not care for his teachings is this habit of equivocating: "I vow to always be good, unless I can rationalize exceptions."
Truth is against the stream of common thought, deep, subtle, difficult, delicate, unseen by passion’s slaves cloaked in the murk of ignorance. Vipassī Buddha
Dharmasherab

Post by Dharmasherab »

It is obvious to the extent that I am surprised why we are even discussing this.
Buddhism is pro-life - period.
Killing in any shape or form is discouraged.
Abortion, killing animals for slaughter or sacrifice, wars/battles, selling of weapons or poisons - any intentional activity that deliberately ends the life of another living being generates bad karma without exception.

With a profound knowledge in Buddha Dhamma/Dharma it is impossible to justify any form of killing unless one is unaware of the basic teachings or it trying to twist teachings and take them out of context to satisfy one's own desires based on their own delusions.
Dharmasherab

Post by Dharmasherab »

Lucien wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 6:58 pm Regarding the matter of abortion, I like to take in mind Thay's words on the first mindfulness training :

Reverence For Life
Aware of the suffering caused by the destruction of life, I am committed to cultivating the insight of interbeing and compassion and learning ways to protect the lives of people, animals, plants, and minerals. I am determined not to kill, not to let others kill, and not to support any act of killing in the world, in my thinking, or in my way of life. Seeing that harmful actions arise from anger, fear, greed, and intolerance, which in turn come from dualistic and discriminative thinking, I will cultivate openness, non-discrimination, and non-attachment to views in order to transform violence, fanaticism, and dogmatism in myself and in the world.

This includes the last sentence though, regarding non-attachment to views in order to transform dogmatism.
I do not believe there is "one golden rule that fits all situations" for that in itself, would be dualistic thinking....
Faith in the Buddha's teachings is not dogma. For example I dont have any evidence to prove that the Buddha was enlightened. But I believe which gives me the reason to accept his teachings and put them into practice having faith that it will lead to my liberation.

The first of the N8FP is 'Right View'. Taking up the Right View does not imply attachment. Following the first precept of non-killing/non-harming does not mean that we are attached to the precept. It actually means letting go of the desire or intention or action to kill or harm other beings.
Miorita

Post by Miorita »

Dharmasherab wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 11:02 pm Buddhism is pro-life - period.
I know how much it must hurt you. Perhaps next time!
Dharmasherab

Post by Dharmasherab »

Miorita wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 11:47 pm I know how much it must hurt you. Perhaps next time!
Whether that hurts or not to me or someone, that is not what is paramount in a forum like this.
Here we take the Buddha's words as the most important and give second place to our own opinions. This is because the words of the Buddha are the words coming from an enlightened mind. Therefore whatever I have shared is not my own but they come from the Buddha's teachings.

We have to decide for ourselves whether we are willing to listen to the Buddha's teachings or assume whether we know better than him in our unenlightened state. The former is the path of the one who is willing to develop wisdom, while the latter is the path of the deluded who will inevitably suffer for their delusions.
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

Dharmasherab wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:05 am
We have to decide for ourselves whether we are willing to listen to the Buddha's teachings or assume whether we know better than him in our unenlightened state. The former is the path of the one who is willing to develop wisdom, while the latter is the path of the deluded who will inevitably suffer for their delusions.
Well said! Our worldly state also presumes to know better than countless generations of Sages, Arahants & Bodhisatvas, all of which began with Faith in buddhas' Perfect Wisdom.
Truth is against the stream of common thought, deep, subtle, difficult, delicate, unseen by passion’s slaves cloaked in the murk of ignorance. Vipassī Buddha
Miorita

Post by Miorita »

Miorita wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 11:47 pm
Dharmasherab wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 11:02 pm Buddhism is pro-life - period.
I know how much it must hurt you. Perhaps next time!
I meant period as in unfulfilled pregnancy.
And next time meant next ovulation.
I know, it's my fault that I went to school instead of entertaining various men.
My bad!
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

One of many active pro-life groups; this one has been around for 30 years, focusing on young folks:

https://studentsforlife.org/
Dharmasherab

Post by Dharmasherab »

Miorita wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 3:08 pm I meant period as in unfulfilled pregnancy.
Period as in menstruation does not mean unfulfilled pregnancy. Its just a physiological process in all apes in monthly cycles including human females. Unfulfilled pregnancy is not a clinical term. Miscarriage is when the pregnancy fails before the foetal state. Still birth is when the pregnancy fails after the foetal stage.
Miorita wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 3:08 pm And next time meant next ovulation.

Ovulation stops when a trophoblast successfully implants and releases hormones to inhibit ovulation. For a pregnancy to become unfulfilled later on, implantation needs to happen first.
Miorita wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 3:08 pm I know, it's my fault that I went to school instead of entertaining various men. My bad!

I went to medical school and practiced as a doctor before asking to become a novice monk (Samanera). Before that I went to one of those schools that taught biology as a subject. Perhaps not every school is like that these days.

Studying to become a doctor, I couldnt help but notice that the gynaecology texts I came across were written by men. Being born as men didnt stop them from understanding the female anatomy and physiology and less than what they were supposed to. Because when it comes to understanding a science, your gender shouldnt make any difference.

But besides all that, in a forum like this it about making use of the Buddhist teachings. To finish it off I will give two quotes from Ajahn Thanissaro who is a Buddhist scholar as well renounced forest monk. This is from the Bhikkhu's rules disrobing offences.
The Vibhaṅga defines a human being as a person “from the time consciousness first becomes manifest in a mother’s womb, up to its death-time.” As DN 15 makes clear, the presence of the new being’s consciousness is necessary for the embryo to survive in the womb. Thus the survival of the embryo in the womb is a clear sign that consciousness is present. This means that consciousness is manifest from the moment of conception.

The Buddhist Monastic Code Volume 1, Chapter 4: Parajika
A bhikkhu who encourages a woman to use a means of contraception that works after the point of conception would be guilty of a pārājika if she were to follow his advice.

The Buddhist Monastic Code Volume 1, Chapter 4: Parajika
I leave this link for whoever wants to educate themselves on the topic, who are willing to let go of their imagination about what Buddhist should change their views on this matter.

https://www.dhammatalks.org/vinaya/bmc/Section0010.html
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

Ghastly report of US government buying aborted baby parts:

https://thefederalist.com/2021/04/15/fe ... -preemies/
Miorita

Post by Miorita »

I don't find why this is a problem.
You failed to stop Sam Harris and the rest of the horsemen.
He was researching stem cells. It all boiled down to using viable embryos to provide tissues for transplants for the wealthy.
I don't see why this (aborted fetuses) is an abomination but parasitizing on or rather harvesting your own progeny isn't.
Dharmasherab

Post by Dharmasherab »

Miorita wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 4:25 am I don't find why this is a problem.

Because its just the tip of the ice berg of possibly even worse things to come - like selling of organs for money in mainstream markets.
Miorita wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 4:25 am You failed to stop Sam Harris and the rest of the horsemen.
He was researching stem cells. It all boiled down to using viable embryos to provide tissues for transplants for the wealthy.

How is this relevant to Buddhism?
Miorita wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 4:25 am I don't see why this (aborted fetuses) is an abomination
Then its time that you truely saw it for what it is - a form of killing.
Miorita wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 4:25 am but parasitizing on or rather harvesting your own progeny isn't.
You can ask yourself the question by imagining yourself as the subject of such activity.
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

Not a surprising result of killing babies in the womb:

https://www.lifesitenews.com/opinion/wh ... d-vaccines
Miorita

Post by Miorita »

Dharmasherab wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 8:11 am
Miorita wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 4:25 am I don't find why this is a problem.

Because its just the tip of the ice berg of possibly even worse things to come - like selling of organs for money in mainstream markets.
Miorita wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 4:25 am You failed to stop Sam Harris and the rest of the horsemen.

How is this relevant to Buddhism?
Miorita wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 4:25 am I don't see why this (aborted fetuses) is an abomination
Then its time that you truely saw it for what it is - a form of killing.
Miorita wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 4:25 am but parasitizing on or rather harvesting your own progeny isn't.
You can ask yourself the question by imagining yourself as the subject of such activity.
I've said I don't find why it is my problem. It's yours. Don't give me your explanations for what I think! I'm not Melania.
And I'm not relinquishing any rights of speaking for myself.

How is it relevant to Buddhism that parents use their own children for prolonging their life? Are you insane? What kind of a parent are you if you use children for your purposes? Do you regularly eat them, your children?
And why should I be imagining myself in such activity when obviously you are the one who gave up the habit of producing abortions on women (since you know how to to gynecology) but not the habit of thinking of it?
On a side note: You must've made tons of money. You double fooled your patients: you took their money and pressed for the procedures. How cunning of you!

Tell me! Do you use the forum for cover for more abortions? I'm a woman. I'm curious. I would like to know.
How much you ask for abortions today and how many do you perform daily?
Thank you for your innocence!
Miorita
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

Here are a couple more pro-life sites:

https://www.humancoalition.org/

https://www.lifenews.com/