Why did Trump & The Conservatives fall?

A discussion on all aspects of Engaged Buddhism
Charbel

Why did Trump & The Conservatives fall?

Post by Charbel »

Reason #1

A lack of virtue. I was watching the video below recently and was impressed with Trump's manner. Why didn't Trump always speak with the manner in the video rather than engage in gutter talk?? :shrug:

https://youtu.be/mdPJRSnATG4

Dhamma lesson: practice Right Speech as much as possible
Last edited by Charbel on Thu Nov 05, 2020 4:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Charbel

Re: Why did Trump and The Conservatives fall?

Post by Charbel »

Reason #2

Loss of control of mass-media due to supporting psychopathic lies about Afghanistan, Iraq, Libya, Syria, Iran, etc.

Now the right wing white conservatives are crying about how the globalist mass-media took control of the election narrative (and, if & when they wake up, the Covid-19 narrative) and undermined trust in US institutions.

Now they are mourning the loss of their democracy to the so-called 'left-wing' globalist mob.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/election- ... vis-hanson

Dhamma lesson: don't support lies; don't be hypocrites; democracy & genocidal imperialism are a bad match
Archie2009

Re: Why did Trump & The Conservatives fall?

Post by Archie2009 »

Charbel wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 4:31 am Reason #1

A lack of virtue. I was watching the video below recently and was impressed with Trump's manner. Why didn't Trump always speak with the manner in the video rather than engage in gutter talk?? :shrug:
Come on. Really? Ask any psychiatrist.
Bundokji

Post by Bundokji »

I would not describe the results of the elections as a failure even though the ultimate goal is to get reelected. The results in the midst of a pandemic and economic downturn remains close with republicans retaining the senate.

In a struggle over authority and control, the liberal rhetoric over the pandemic proved very effective. We are conditioned to view death as irreversible, and so is our calculations of what risks are worth taking. Its better to be on the safe side than being accused of causing irreversible mistake. The fact that death and how we deal with it is a part of a larger continuum is never explicitly discussed, but has to be inferred by the implications of what does it mean to die while others remain alive.

Same thing can be said about climate change. Any rhetoric that convinces people that they are causing damage to the planet, other beings or future generations hits a nerve. The immediacy of experience does not really matter as long as we have more advanced tools of knowledge that can tell us about out future state and what is right and wrong under the projected scenario. As such, the immediacy of experience is valid to the extent verifies the theory. Same thing can be said about identity politics. There is always this hidden reality that cannot be seen through the untrained eye, so if our eyes gets trained to see things as they really are (with the assistance of the experts), we reach a state of moral perfection and our actions become blameless. We are also conditioned to view a more inclusive truth as a higher truth, and the liberal approach to the pandemic, climate change and identity politics appear to be more inclusive, and therefore morally superior.

I think Trump faces a moral dilemma of letting go of the oval office and the moral responsibility of being accused of leading the nation to a civil war, or fight for what he believes is right. In the logic of the world, buying more time for people to continue to figure out what is right and wrong is the prevailing view, so he better concede and let the nation decide about its future direction.
'Too much knowledge leads to scepticism. Early devotees are the likeliest apostates, as early sinners are senile saints.' – Will Durant.
mn118

Post by mn118 »

Contrary to the false media narative that is being so vigorously promoted, Biden is not the "president elect". Trump and the conservatives have not fallen. None of the electoral votes have been certified.

There is evidence of widespread voter fraud and more will be coming to light in the coming days. We are still a country ruled by laws. There will be recounts and law suits. This election is still being contested. May the truth be known. Whichever candidate can prove more legitimate legal votes in the battleground states will become the President Elect.
lyndon taylor

Post by lyndon taylor »

mn118 wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 12:00 pm Contrary to the false media narative that is being so vigorously promoted, Biden is not the "president elect". Trump and the conservatives have not fallen. None of the electoral votes have been certified.

There is evidence of widespread voter fraud and more will be coming to light in the coming days. We are still a country ruled by laws. There will be recounts and law suits. This election is still being contested. May the truth be known. Whichever candidate can prove more legitimate legal votes in the battleground states will become the President Elect.
We're flagging your post for false information just like on twitter, we know full well you accepted all the results when Trump was called President 4 years ago by the media,
Archie2009

Post by Archie2009 »

There is no evidence. Only in Republican's imagination.
Miorita

Post by Miorita »

mn118 wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 12:00 pm Contrary to the false media narative that is being so vigorously promoted, Biden is not the "president elect". Trump and the conservatives have not fallen. None of the electoral votes have been certified.

I find your post in bad taste. If you're addicted to Fred Trump, that is your problem. He died long ago. It's time that he be let rest in peace.
It helps no one that a dead is being carried around as if he were alive and that we be necessarily in awe for him because Donald Trump dictates so. I'm in no awe for him. And what is more, he was not my father that I should mourn.
I hope you understand and not persist in claiming in your rights over my rights that he was somehow resurrected as Christ was to be the President of USA. Back off!
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

Miorita wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 6:32 pm

I find your post in bad taste. If you're addicted to Fred Trump, that is your problem. He died long ago. It's time that he be let rest in peace.
It helps no one that a dead is being carried around as if he were alive and that we be necessarily in awe for him because Donald Trump dictates so. I'm in no awe for him. And what is more, he was not my father that I should mourn.
I hope you understand and not persist in claiming in your rights over my rights that he was somehow resurrected as Christ was to be the President of USA. Back off!
Who mentioned Fred Trump? mn118 is referring to Donald, not Fred.
Miorita

Post by Miorita »

The surprise is all mine!
Researching Fred Trump's funeral, I find out that:
* Melania Knauss attended the eulogy wearing a very low neckline,
* Donald Trump announced his new project because everything was given to him by his father,
* and Fred Trump oh my! Fred's middle name was Christ.
How can he not be allowed to be the President of the USA for 4 more years?
On a Buddhist site everything is possible now, including being the grand/son of God in which the members of the forum don't believe.
To be complete, Fred's wife was a MacLeod.

However, Donald (from the Gaelic name Domhnall meaning "ruler of the world") failed to be in the assent of the People.
The more disturbing scenes were the recent seen ones when people broke out in tears in front of the cameras when mentioning how his measures impacted them and their families in negative ways.
Another disturbing scene is when he blasts at people of various ethnicities inciting to division and hatred. Another when he calls for teaching racism at home.
The same kind of disturbed speech had Hitler. He was also seen as a savior. And he brought upon the Holocaust.
Let me observe that none of Donald Trump's behaviors show that he knows what transcendence is.
He displays senseless discrimination. He is not helping, he is aggravating. That's why he is a Fascist, an evil-doer.
The fact that he lost the election while we did not yet perceive these aspects of his, signal that maybe not all hope is dead.

Donald Trump's measures are terribly wrong. He acts as a hitman with Soleimani and expects applauses. He receives none because a murder is murder is a murder. It is also not transcendence. Murder is brutal and criminal. In Romanian "murdar" means dirty. Dirty never makes clean. If it's not clean, it's not pure. If it's not pure, it's not Christic consciousness. And i stop here.
Miorita

Post by Miorita »

I don't think Donald Trump has failed.
Allow me to explain why!
I think that the slogan "where one goes, all go" is still live and well and that it perpetrates violence even better than before. I think that a parent, let's say single parent intending to have a child, especially if that child happens to be a girl, has much to fear from the slogan and the crowds.
I have a feeling that Pfizer vaccine while restoring the person, also may take away reproductive possibilities by inducing sterility.
Donald Trump has not failed, he just opened the Pandora's box.

Furthermore, from examining some ducks at a pond, I've seen them fight for reproductive rights. It turned ugly when male ducks wanted a mother duck that had 8 ducklings. One by one, the little ones disappeared killed somewhere in the bushes.

I think that Donald Trump managed to bring out the ignorant animal in all and that there is no going back to the primordial purity/innocence/beauty of holiness.