Trump and Martin Luther King

A discussion on all aspects of Engaged Buddhism
Ceisiwr

Trump and Martin Luther King

Post by Ceisiwr »

I was on the fence about Trump being re-elected due to some of his handling of COVID and other issues. However, given this speech I now feel safe in declaring "12 more years!". MLK would have fully agreed with President Trump here. Progressivism is becoming the new racism.

SarathW

Re: Trump and Martin Luther King

Post by SarathW »

Politicians are good at talking but not delivering!
Dan74

Post by Dan74 »

Ceisiwr wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:38 am I was on the fence about Trump being re-elected due to some of his handling of COVID and other issues. However, given this speech I now feel safe in declaring "12 more years!". MLK would have fully agreed with President Trump here. Progressivism is becoming the new racism.

Populists are great at whipping up panic and frenzy about some perceived bogeyman - Jews, Gypsies, Homosexuals, Communists, Muslims, Globalists, Progressives, you name it.

Of course the frenzy is never completely made up, otherwise it would not take. There are indeed totalitarian progressives, who seek to impose their views on everyone and the media pick up their drivel and run with it. This is not where the majority of progressives are and not what the current candidate for the democratic party stands for. So your conclusions seem to be misplaced, Ceisiwr.
Desmondhiz

-

Post by Desmondhiz »

Having been infected by COVID-19, hes more vocal and firm with his statements about the worlds approach towards the virus. It seems lockdowns are not helping at all. What are your thought about this?
Miorita

Post by Miorita »

Donald Trump's true colors are of a white supremacist.

Moving quickly from a rich man's world,

My grandmother was made citizen by 2 officials who were 2 African American ladies.
Prior to the ceremony, I was down on my knees washing and scrubbing floors, walls, doors, everything. I was giving freely from my energy to the occasion in an attempt to make the place rise to the expectation as much as possible. The ladies came to our home because grandma was blind and bedridden. My uncle helped grandma's hand be positioned on the line for her signature.
She lived for 1 more moth after the event. God can live in a room and time can feel like it stops on its tracks 😪 , if one has "commitment".

Yes, MLK had the nurturing speech and was the soul that gave many a hope.

In fact USA was inhabited even before I was born. :smile:
Here is a picture of another SJW:
https://www.history.com/topics/black-hi ... rner-truth

They named a school after her, Truth School where what a coincidence, I heard for the first time the famous speech "I have a dream".
There the girls were not giving teachers a hard time. There was no Al Capone but doing homework and desiring to be excellent.
Since I mentioned Al Capone, I read that he had silk pajamas or socks in jail while others, black and white alike were struggling for their daily food/bread outside prison.

No, Trump is not justice. He has a "birther" but he's too phony to be true. Whoever places their hopes on him will experience a great disillusion. He is not out there to be a President for all Americans, he is for himself and his progeny only. And this move is temporary.

But the Truth is that MLK work remains with or without Donald Trump's mention of it.