insane cancel culture

Applying the Dharma to social justice issues – race, religion, sexuality and identity
DNS
Site Admin

insane cancel culture

Post by DNS »

Bill Maher, on the cancel culture:

lyndon taylor

Re: insane cancel culture

Post by lyndon taylor »

You mean the cancel culture of the GOP towards Republicans that don't support Trump, they even have death threats in their cancel culture!!
Archie2009

Post by Archie2009 »

I like what Noam Chomsky had to say about this in a video podcast. That cancel culture has always been a part of the right in western countries and that it is a huge mistake for (parts of) the left to have adopted it.
Archie2009

Post by Archie2009 »

John McWhorter on anti-racism as new, intolerant religion:

"People like Ta-Nehisi Coates...Robin DiAngelo and Ibram X. Kendi--they are priests of this religion [of anti-racism]...You can't reason with people who are working from religion rather than logic."

"'White privilege' is original sin...The idea that 'we're waiting for America to come to terms with racism' doesn't mean anything...It's The Rapture, that business of End of Days, Judgement Day."
Miorita

Post by Miorita »

It's a very nasty phenomenon.

I'm not saying that I'm awake, but there are places that don't offer support and when one falls into one of these traps, they have to literally drag themselves out. There is no other way.

You need body strength and mental capacity to become aware that it is a trap first, and then you need to bring yourself with each step closer to release. It's hard. It's very hard. You go through hell.
Desmondhiz

-

Post by Desmondhiz »

Apparently Im living under a rock and have no idea what this "cancel culture" thing is?

Is this something I need to be aware of? Is it important enough that I need to spend 10 minutes of my life sifting through google results? Or is this just another newly invented catchphrase du jour that only applies to left-right political pissing contests on the internet?
Nicholas

Re: -

Post by Nicholas »

Desmondhiz wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 2:24 am Apparently Im living under a rock and have no idea what this "cancel culture" thing is?

Is this something I need to be aware of? Is it important enough that I need to spend 10 minutes of my life sifting through google results? Or is this just another newly invented catchphrase du jour that only applies to left-right political pissing contests on the internet?
It is real and is an extension beyond religion of the old practice of shunning.
Miorita

Post by Miorita »

“Yes, please!” said Mary Trump when asked what kind of wine she prefers at a dinner at the White House in celebration of her aunts’ birthdays.

How can one think of placing the guilt of being a misfit on others who happen to be better educated, better prepared, at least professionally, to adapt to peers who happen to also be well mannered and at least having some common sense?

Being outrageous and in constant denial has never been the norm.

“Yes, please!” :toast: :)
Miorita

Post by Miorita »

My own way of seeing insanity/ immaturity/ lack of education.

Insanity is to attack France's prestige, mess up relations with Macron and other leaders, deny the existence of the Statue of Liberty even though it's right there under your nose on Eliis Island, deny that Normandie was ever built (Normandy as in the invasion of France in WW2 which does not mean world wrestling 2) and what were you doing with so much calcium in your system that you had "bone spurs"?
There's only an explanation to your lack of general culture: you're an idiot, plain and simple.

Let me not forget: Israel does not have red on their flag, France does... duh! Red, white and blue.
Your presidency for 2024 is cancelled as you do not meet basic skills in handling yourself in an intelligent manner with others. Cunning we've seen way much, but intelligent ... not at all.

The figurines of Greek mythical characters that President Donald Trump snapped up from the U.S. ambassador’s residence in Paris are now on display in the Oval Office as seen in this August 20, 2020 photo. SAUL LOEB/Getty Images

Another one reports:
Trump, who was in Paris to commemorate the centenary of the end of the First World War, brought back a portrait, a bust and a set of silver figurines to the White House
Trump bought three art pieces from US envoy's home in Paris for $750K but they were all fake: Report

There is never such explanation that we would like to choose the most idiotic people to rule over us to destroy our country, destroy our relations around the world and pull France and other countries down along with us just because an infuriated kindergartener deems it's profitable for him to do so.

It's basic kindergarten stuff: You do not misbehave when adults are present. Mark that as a rule!