Trump or Left Wing Fascism?

Applying the Dharma to social justice issues – race, religion, sexuality and identity
lyndon taylor

Re: Trump or Left Wing Fascism?

Post by lyndon taylor »

A Buddhist with no compassion, how sad!!
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

Catholic reasons for voting Right - from Church Militant:

Dhamma is against the stream of common thought, deep, subtle, difficult, delicate, unseen by passion’s slaves cloaked in the murk of ignorance. Vipassī Buddha
Gogarty Gogglehead

Post by Gogarty Gogglehead »

lyndon taylor wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 2:45 am I'm not joking when I call some of you guys fascists, you're the one calling for 12 more years, than can only be possible under a fascist government, and get educated, fascism is right wing not left wing.
If you think there's some kind of incompatibility between Buddhism and fascism, then I reckon it's you who needs educating. Maybe start with the works of Giovanni Gentile. You'll find a list of them on his Wiki page.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giovanni_Gentile

Hopefully they'll open your eyes to the fact that fascism and absolute monarchism are the most Dhamma-compliant political ideologies human ingenuity has ever devised. The eschewing of them by engaged Buddhists will be sure to sap their movement of the brio and vitality it might otherwise enjoy.
lyndon taylor

Post by lyndon taylor »

Gogarty Gogglehead wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 2:07 am
lyndon taylor wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 2:45 am I'm not joking when I call some of you guys fascists, you're the one calling for 12 more years, than can only be possible under a fascist government, and get educated, fascism is right wing not left wing.
If you think there's some kind of incompatibility between Buddhism and fascism, then I reckon it's you who needs educating. Maybe start with the works of Giovanni Gentile. You'll find a list of them on his Wiki page.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giovanni_Gentile

Hopefully they'll open your eyes to the fact that fascism and absolute monarchism are the most Dhamma-compliant political ideologies human ingenuity has ever devised. The eschewing of them by engaged Buddhists will be sure to sap their movement of the brio and vitality it might otherwise enjoy.
another pro fascist joins the forum, am I the only one that thinks fascism is a problem here
Gogarty Gogglehead

Post by Gogarty Gogglehead »

lyndon taylor wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 4:59 pmanother pro fascist joins the forum, am I the only one that thinks fascism is a problem here
"Another pro-fascist"? I'm not sure what you mean by this. I've read a substantial number of the threads here and haven't yet noticed any fellow fascists at all. There seems to be a colourful collection of conservatives, centrists, libertarians, liberals and leftists of various types. But fascists? So far I've not spotted even one.

But to answer your question, no, Lyndon, you are not the only one who thinks fascism is a problem here. I too think it's a problem. It's just that everything else, in my view, is MORE of a problem.

I favour authoritarian military government over civilian democracy not because I think it will be free of problems, but because I have more confidence in the high commands of the militaries of most nations (and certainly of all Western nations) than I do in any civilian politicians or parties. The officer class of most national militaries consists of a higher proportion of kindly, incorruptible and unself-seeking men with a knack for competent administration than we are likely to find in any national Parliament. And so in the face of a seemingly imminent global eco-crisis I believe that a pre-condition for the survival of civilization, and possibly of human life itself, will be the jettisoning of civilian democracy in all of the larger nations and its replacement by a capable and benign (but when necessary ruthless) military dictator.
Ceisiwr

Post by Ceisiwr »

Gogarty Gogglehead wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:58 am
lyndon taylor wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 4:59 pmanother pro fascist joins the forum, am I the only one that thinks fascism is a problem here
"Another pro-fascist"? I'm not sure what you mean by this. I've read a substantial number of the threads here and haven't yet noticed any fellow fascists at all. There seems to be a colourful collection of conservatives, centrists, libertarians, liberals and leftists of various types. But fascists? So far I've not spotted even one.

But to answer your question, no, Lyndon, you are not the only one who thinks fascism is a problem here. I too think it's a problem. It's just that everything else, in my view, is MORE of a problem.

I favour authoritarian military government over civilian democracy not because I think it will be free of problems, but because I have more confidence in the high commands of the militaries of most nations (and certainly of all Western nations) than I do in any civilian politicians or parties. The officer class of most national militaries consists of a higher proportion of kindly, incorruptible and unself-seeking men with a knack for competent administration than we are likely to find in any national Parliament. And so in the face of a seemingly imminent global eco-crisis I believe that a pre-condition for the survival of civilization, and possibly of human life itself, will be the jettisoning of civilian democracy in all of the larger nations and its replacement by a capable and benign (but when necessary ruthless) military dictator.
Are you the race based kind or more of the original fascist type? How do you square Fascism’s glorification of war and imperialism with the Dhamma? Fascism also has a strong element of Modernism. How is that squared? I believe it’s modernist aspects was what put off Evola from fully signing up to it. I think the gist of your argument is on safer ground with absolute monarchy rather than secular Fascism.
chownah

Post by chownah »

I want to thank all of the non-violent left wing "fascists" who have helped in getting the donald out of office.
chownh
Archie2009

Post by Archie2009 »

I want to thank all the righteous 'Merican voters and enablers who gifted the world the sublime shitshow of the past four years for their boundless compassion and wisdom. May the nectar of The Donald's profound nuggets of revealed wisdom live on in all our empty hearts and heads while the waters of the oceans rise to our lips! :clap:
Bundokji

Post by Bundokji »

Until he leaves, it is safer to acknowledge the legal process taking place. Even if his chances aint big, declaring him gone before he actually is adds fuel to the fire.
'Too much knowledge leads to scepticism. Early devotees are the likeliest apostates, as early sinners are senile saints.' – Will Durant.
Archie2009

Post by Archie2009 »

I'm more concerned with what a narcissistic sociopath like Trump'll do in the next 3 months now that he feels wronged and humiliated and faces bankruptcy than with the final outcome of the presidential election.
Miorita

Post by Miorita »

… Donald joined the family business in 1968, and Trump lent his support, as well as a small amount of money, when the former wanted to start his own developer business in the ’70s.

"What he lent was mostly knowledge," said brother Robert. "Donald really did it on his own, along with whatever boost he got from being Fred Trump's son, of course… "
https://heavy.com/entertainment/2019/02 ... pneumonia/

It looks like seeds. But surely not those of the Dharma.

What is left for us is to close field of terror after field of terror that these men opened with the common people.
It's not enough that he be out of sight, but healing be brought to those harmed through the means of dedicated prayers.

:anjali:
Miorita