the great vegetarian debate

Applying the Dharma for the preservation of planet Earth and its inhabitants
DNS
Site Admin

Re: the great vegetarian debate

Post by DNS »

The most vegan city in the world? You might think it's in India, but it's actually . . . .

DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

Another good video from Nuseir today, about the double-standard many people have regarding meat consumption.

DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

Chicken feathers converted into meat. Since no animals are killed to produce this meat from feathers, I wonder if ethical vegetarians might approve of it or even eat it. Vegetarians for nutritional reasons would still not want it, but for those who are vegetarian strictly on ethical reasons, this could be an option.

I wouldn't eat it, because I no longer have taste or desire for meat, but since it's a by-product of the meat industry, something that would have been thrown away anyway, no animal was killed.
Bundokji

Post by Bundokji »

DNS wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 12:28 am

Chicken feathers converted into meat. Since no animals are killed to produce this meat from feathers, I wonder if ethical vegetarians might approve of it or even eat it. Vegetarians for nutritional reasons would still not want it, but for those who are vegetarian strictly on ethical reasons, this could be an option.

I wouldn't eat it, because I no longer have taste or desire for meat, but since it's a by-product of the meat industry, something that would have been thrown away anyway, no animal was killed.
Finding new alternative sources of protein are the way to go. In Israel, grasshopper farms are marketing their products as alternatives to the more traditional sources of meat. It might not be vegetarian, but it seems more environmentally friendly in terms of methane gas emissions.

I doubt these products will replace meet in the menu, but it could become a main ingredient for protein supplements used by body-builders and athletes in general.
'Too much knowledge leads to scepticism. Early devotees are the likeliest apostates, as early sinners are senile saints.' – Will Durant.